We strongly expects algorithmic content curation, as form of power and control, would be used and abused in many ways by multiple actors. We concentrate in developing technology to enable healthy discussion and skeptic analysis. We commit in transferring the centralization power to the border of the network.
youtube.tracking.exposed takes its inspiration, methods, experience, and code from facebook.tracking.exposed. This project is motivated by and refers to the tracking.exposed manifesto; the goal is to create free (libre) software, support a community of analysts and developers, and enable critical analysis of monopolist platforms. This website is on Hugo and mods can be pull-requested on this repository.
A lot of people… among others:
- software development (browser extension), initially develop by Alberto Granzotto, now maintain with the help of (a different 😅) Alberto.
- weTest#1 executives Salvatore Romano, Giulia Corona 🙌
- coordination and technical development by Claudio Agosti,
- outreach and analysis Salvatore Romano, Giulia Corona, Matteo Renoldi, Davide Beraldo.
- review and revision by Barbara Gianessi,
- graphic and analysis Laura Swietlicki.
- A peer review paper, published by SNMAM, feat: Salvatore, Giulia, Claudio and Leonardo Sanna.
This project start as part of ALEX research initiative, lead by DATACTIVE, in University of Amsterdam. The grant covered Tracking Exposed improvement since November ‘18 till February ‘20. After since the project is unfunded and contributions happens via personal volunteering capacity.